I am still going back through the posts that have been made over the years here on Mephistos and editing, mostly for grammatical correction, though there are a few photograph and video issues that I am cleaning up in the process as well. A particular post that caught my attention a day or two back was entitled twenty-five random things. The post consisted of, you guessed it, twenty-five things – but not just any twenty-five things. They were random things about me. I like the concept and decided to re-visit the concept. Not sure how many I will have, but I will give it a go and see what we have in the end.
- I much prefer drinking out of glassware or ceramic. This is true in regards to plastic or especially paper and styrofoam. I will also accept pewter, wood, or leather, with of course an appropriate finish for those times when doing historical reenactments of various time periods.
- While on this thought of drinking, I generally prefer to be without a straw if I am using an actual glass, even in a restaurant setting. On the rare occasion of soda and styrofoam or plastic cup I will prefer a straw (the plastic edges get ate up in the washing process often). I think this is because of my environmental preference, but honestly they put too much ice in sometimes and other times the straw is on the table and I am sure tossed when they bus it.
- On this theme big time – and one I am sure most people know. I prefer water with lemon, coffee, and the occasional diet Mountain Dew or even more rare, diet Dr. Pepper.
- One last entry with this theme and then something else. When I do have a soda, I really dislike the fizz. I will shake and stir to get as much gas to leave the beverage as possible. A two litter that has had about three or four hours since opening is just about right in my view.
- Slightly different, I like bourbon, wine, and beer about all equally.
- Bourbon should be out of a bottle and shared or better yet, straight over some ice. Occasionally, just a touch of diet Coke – but that is more for a non-smooth sipping bourbon.
- Beer is something I tend more toward the medium to dark beers. I start at the red/amber like Killian’s Irish Red and go on up through Smithwick’s. There is a point where the bitter becomes a bit too much for my personal taste.
- Wine was something I really did not care for so much up until the last four or five years. I mean, I would occasionally partake, but not really a big fan. But an acquired taste has hit and now, a good wine tending even more toward the dryer end is enjoyable.
- I believe the wine taste has developed in part because of the ease of home vinting, which I indeed enjoy.
- Ciders are also pretty darn good, especially a good crisp one that is not overly sweet.
- I am currently listening to Ace of Base. Not sure why, but somewhere I got the CD as a freebie. Not really my cup of tea musically as a general rule, but every once and while it can be a big motivation in getting juiced up to get things done.
- Ace of Base is not as good about that motivation as the various U2 albums I have tend to be, but those are more for programming and such deeper thought processes of that kind of nature.
- They stocked the lake behind the house a couple of weeks ago with trout. Brings up a couple of questions. Worth getting the $10.00 trout permit to go after some? What about actually trying to use some fly rod equipment? Then again, probably heading toward too cold, or is it?
- I prefer the old style clicking keyboards, like what came on the PS/2 systems and that era. At least sometimes. I am not sure why though as it does require more effort and the other keyboards work just fine.
- I do not really mind the smell of pigs. Of course, when I had pigs they were mostly allowed to go inside and out and were in really low numbers in regards to concentration of animals over the acreage they had available.
** – Image from draves.org (creative commons licensing)