It is the first day of the new year! Good morning 2015, good-bye 2014! And with the new year, it is the day that is most typically given over to making a few resolutions. I could almost cut and paste the resolutions from last year, but there are a few additional ones and differing notes/strategies to go with some of the ones from last year. Well, here goes…
I have said before and will say it again, making any sort of resolutions without following through and a measurement of how you did with your resolutions is kind of pointless. So, a quick look back and lets see just how we did in 2014. Continue reading “Resolutions Score”
A quick review of resolutions made as I prepared for a the new year back around the end of 2012. I feel in order to recognize where and what you need to apply efforts to going forward, it is occasionally merited to look back for a minute and evaluate where and you have one has (and has not) accomplished. So a quick little review of individual items and an overall score follow. (See the related post 2104 Revolutions, er Resolutions)
- Finish Boat Project – I am going to score this one as completed. The actual wording and intent was to finish a boat project I had been working on off that still needed a lot of work, including a floor and engine overhaul. Instead, last February I sold that and used the proceeds, along with a little more, to purchase a different boat that was mostly water ready. I did on the 3-4th trip out have to repair a leak that nearly sunk it, but I spent a good time on the water in the new boat this year.
- Blog More Regularly – I didn’t really think the blogging fits from 2012 could get worse, but they did. A failing grade on this resolution.
- Order to My Multiple Desks – I think I actually did okay with this one. My desk at home being the one big exception, but even that has achieved some order, granted only in the last week or so. Grudgingly I will give a check on this one.
- Limit Clutter on Counter, Tables, etc – The kitchen table still gets stuff stacked on it all the time, without regard. The coffee table is now out of my reach. The counter has improved. I can not go a full check, so lets call it around 50%
- Lose Weight – I did get down a decent amount over the year, but I also got it all back by the end of the year. A big all X for this one.
- Get in Shape – Similarly, I feel I was getting toward being more fit, though still a long way to go, but all gains are lost at this point.
- Eat Healthier – Ditto for the third time…
- Fishing More – I actually blew this one out of water, probably having fished twice as much in 2013 as I did in 2012, maybe more. Way to go for the win!
- Tools and Books Organized – About 75% on this one, having sold a lot of the books and organizing most of the tools finally. Still some work to do though.
- Watch Less Television – A resounding yes, on a goal well accomplished.
- Money and Adoption – I am going to say a push on this one. After really pursuing hard initially, some deeper evaluation and we decided to hold off on this one for the time being.
Over all that is hitting near 50% – how did you do?
** – Image from http://2.bp.blogspot.com
As it is that time of year once again I am pondering about my resolutions for the year coming up as I say good-bye to the year that has been. I realize that for the past year, I have not done so great on previous resolutions. So, I say revolutions above kind of tongue in cheek and playing off the recent AT&T commercial, but I also fully realize that most of my current resolutions are really going to be revolutionary in nature. So, without more chatter, I will get going with the New Year and the promise going forward of accomplishing things this year on a grander scale.
Once again we find ourselves at the beginning of a new year and so we welcome in 2013 and say good-bye to 2012. 2012 was not a bad year as years go, but there were things that I wanted to do that I never seemed to get motivated enought to get off to a good start. There were things that I did get a good start on but kind of stalled out on at some point during the year and even a few of those got a second wind at some point, but still did not end up in the place where I wanted them to be. On top of those things that are carry overs, there a more then a few new things that I want to accomplish for this upcoming year. And so, I give my list of goals for 2013…
The New Year and with it the typical planning for a fresher start, or at least the determination to stick with some plans made for the coming year is rapidly approaching. I have, realized over that it has been just over a month since my last post here, so I am first and foremost jumping back into my plan to post on a daily basis. I will say, that for once – aside from the week I took off from the blog after Thanksgiving, I really have been that busy with projects, both work related and personal, over the last thirty or so days. Enough of that though, time to get back to the task at hand, which listing out my ideals that I am determined about for the coming year. So, commence with your pork, corned beef, cabbage, and especially your black-eyed peas, pull up a chair… read my resolutions and comment back with your own.
I have already posted some resolutions that I made prior to even Christmas. At the time I knew I had a few more that I needed to make before the end of the year. At this juncture I am pretty sure I have them all in my head, but I thought it might be a good idea to go ahead and get them jotted down somewhere. As these are in general briefer then the originals, I am giving them about one line. I am also, for review, including the resolutions in brief in this post as well. As it is now day two of the new year, I can attest to getting along with these in pretty good fashion so far.
I realize it is a bit early to be started with resolutions, but I have one or two things that are really bugging me. I figure why put off until tomorrow that which can at least be started today. Largely, despite a couple of false starts, going back to even before I got married in the spring I have done nothing but be lazy and get fatter. I have had enough and I have got to do something about that before it gets out of hand.
I admit that I am off to a very slow start for 2009. This especially does not bode well for me and 2009, given that one of my resolutions was to try making on average a post every two days and now we are at what – January 7th and I am only just now making the first post of the year. Once again, I could make a ton of excuses. Even more so then usual given things at work and such. Continue reading “U2 & Momentum”